Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 18: Sun Moon Lake - Raining

Cable car is not open to public due to maintenance today. *bummer*. But, it's probably a good thing since it's raining since 3pm. I went around different sites of the lake for sight seeing and suddenly remember one of the intent for my trip - to ponder on life. Hahahha.. Don't laugh or put on that funny face. :p

I thought of many many things today:

1. The lake sparkles like a million stars on it. It's thing like this that we never pay attention to. I'm sure the Shah Alam lake garden looks like this. Maybe instead of tiny little stars, it looks like a god damn sun coz of the strong rays. When you are so occupied with work/stress, you never pay attention to your environment, surrounding or people in your life. You never see their beauty or what they can offer. Life just passes you by if you don't pause and look up.

2. I remember telling this to CM couple of days back. "When I was young, I always pray for the same thing. I pray for good death. That I will die a quick and painless death. I guess when I was young, I saw the suffering that my grandma went through. She was bed ridden for 20 years, had various illness including stroke, high blood pressure and diabetes. I don't want any of that... And that I always believe I will die when I'm in my thirties." CM looked at me solemnly and said "If you believe it, it will happen." We talked more after that and I made a mental note to change my believe but had never indulged in it. I spent a good 30 minutes telling myself this today "I will live until I'm 70" :)

3. I was trying to figure out my 3-years plan. I will be 30 by then. Okie.. it's technically 30 coz it's April now. :p. First thought, I should be married by then! *Annoyed* I hate that little voice in my brain telling me my body clock. I'm 24 at heart, brain! Okie okie, I spent hours after hours trying to figure this out. So what if I'm ACN M, SM or whatever. So what if I have 5 figure monthly salary and can buy a house. But... will I walk on the streets and smile to myself as often as I have been for these past few days? It's contagious because you are smiling from the heart! I thought about this long and hard. I bought a postcard and wrote this "Capturing this inner peace and happiness. Remember this." while staring out at the beautiful lake sipping my hot latte.

I look forward to my next "enlightenment"!!!

6 comments:

  1. Wah I sense inner zen has been achieved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. U finally figured out that money is not everything? Money is important but happiness is more. U'll find happiness when u help others. So, start by helping mum to do housework! hehe.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always know money is not everything okie! *roll my eyes* Since when I acted as if money is everything? :p But money is probably a good solution to house work! Hire a maid... or bribe the sister... *wink*

    I'm running too damn low in cash (less than NT8000) and a night in Alishan in the cheapest lodge cost NT1200 per night. And how about the food and train and bus ride! A nicer lodge that has a nice view cost NT3000. *sob sob* And these are not top range yet.

    Just replanned the whole trip again (after 4 hours of planning)... No CingJing (it's pretty but boring now that I have/will be going to more "moutaineous" sites) and only one night in AliShan and detour to ChiaYi then back to Taipei for another 5 days 4 nights. Taipei will be safe... there are banks where I can change my ringgit.

    Money is nothing but NT is something when you are traveling alone and minsu (homestay) don't accept credit cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why don't u just withdraw money using your credit card? Think that is possible. I can try to tt money over to you also.

    I also have friends over in taipei, i can pass them the money if required

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww...NT8000 for another week is very very little. But i think it can for a 1-2 days in Alishan?

    Alishan = Alishan de ku niang (the song?. Are they the same?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry... If have no idea how cheap things are in Taiwan! I got a room in Chaiyi for NT500 only! Okie... it's a motel. But, it's clean and decent! And the bed in Taipei is NT333. A full meal is about NT75 (big big meal) and with drinks, it can all be less than NT150. :) It's only Alishan that will burn a hole. But no worries... I have some ringgits as backup! :)

    Yes.... it's that Alishan de ku niang song! Awesome Powsome..
    Joan, you should seriously consider backpack to Taiwan. It's so cheap! The room I got for NT500 it's a double bed. And Alishan quote me full price with only 20% off (since I'm single traveler).

    ReplyDelete