Sunday, May 9, 2010

Day 22: Dharma Drum Mountain

Today is a day of enlightenment.

I went to this monastery as recommended by ZM (actually.. come to think of it.. it's CM). It's actually a university for Buddhism! It's a huge complex, with gardens, rivers and many praying buildings and research center. It's so peaceful there that for a fraction of second, I was tempted to seek the truth on Buddhism and be a nun.

Then, I just sat down on a big rock and start reflecting. Thinking my conduct for the past few years. Reflecting my sins... Joan, don't start making comments on housework again. This is a serious reflection on LIFE!!! Not housework! :p

So, these are my resolutions:
1. I will try to create awereness to appreciate the people, things and surrounding in my life.
2. I will try not to be wasteful i.e. finish my food rather than throwing away if they don't taste nice (exception: if i found a victim to finish it for me), not to buy unnecessary stuffs (exception: clothing for specific occation and working attire are exemption)
3. I will strive to help and teach others if it's within my capability. This is going to be challenging as I'm highly impatient. In fact, this reminds me of NS (some poor analyst from work) which I sort of feels damn bad now.. :( Coz of my impatience but then again, YT got it worst from me! *innocent face*

I bought a book on Buddhism from the monastery which cost a bomb (but charity ma...). It's Subtle Wisdom. I plan to finish this book as part of the Taiwan journey. Joan, you have to read this...

Btw, can you tell mom... "Happy Mother's Day!!!" I got her some "wisdom" related stuff from the monastery too!

2 comments:

  1. Also, try not to bully your family so much. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :D mom keep asking when are u coming back too...
    Tomoro will be your last day over there yea?

    ReplyDelete