Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 20 & 21: Alishan, Fenchihu, Chaiyi

I'm back to Chaiyi! :) Where should I start...?

Alishan - Below my expectation as a whole. I didn't get to see any sunrise. :( It's raining. I get to see cloudssssss below the mountain that I was on. It was cool but could be better with the sunrise. The ride up was horrible. Bumpy and makes me very dizzy. So, I was feeling terrible when I got up the hill at 10am. Headache, dizzy, upset stomach and just bloody moooody. Felt better after a strong cuppa. :)

If I were to summarize Alishan in a sentence, it would be "Tiny town with freaking cold weather, trees everywhere and the main attraction is the thousand years old tree and sunrise." I prefer SML anytime coz it's big enough for dear tourist like me to find a non-tourist spot to relax. :) Nonetheless, it's a must-go!

Fenchihu- Another tiny town near to Alishan which we stopped (bus tour) for less than 2 hours. I met a fellow single Malaysian traveller! :) Marcus from Kuching. This guy is super cool. He booked the flight to Taiwan a night before, didn't know much about Taiwan, no bookings whatsoever. He is on his way to Kaoshiong now.

Chaiyi - I decided to do something more adventurous. I'm taking a night train from Chaiyi to Taipei at 12:47am tonight reaching at Taipei at 5:30am. Save money and I don't think I will take a night train to Singapore or Thailand even if you bribe me. :p So this is probably the only chance I'm going to do this. So now, I have to find a way to kill the time until midnight.

Oh... I'm so careless again! I lost my luggage ticket! (I deposit my luggage at the train station and carry only the backpack to Alishan). :( I have to call some helpline and wait for an hour for the guy to come and unlock my locker. While waiting, a strange guy (scary looking) approached me and started talking "Mei mei, if someone bully me, you must tell me... I will take care of you. Remember to tell me. I will help you." *roll eyes*. He kept walking around me and repeat that! I got scared and walked to the nearest 7-11 and hide there. Now I'm scared to return to the train station at midnight. :(

4 comments:

  1. Did you bring a pepper spray or something? :S Sounds dangerous. Also make sure you keep hold of your bag tightly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pepper spray. Have loud voice though.. hahahah :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :p yes i agree you do have a loud voice... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. waa....that strange guy is scary... u should buy a wisel or something like that.

    ReplyDelete