Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Day 10: Longshan Temple and Shilin Night Market

I slept for 10 hours last night!!! Haven't done that for erm... ever since I joined SIT iCP which is maybe December last year? Awesomeeeeeeeeee.... *feel prettier!*

I was researching on what to do in Taipei in the Eslite bookshop (this is like MPH equivalent) and found the National Geog recommendation i.e. a trail visitting temples and some areas near Xi Men. To sum it all, I went to 3 temples and one of them is the FAMOUS #1 temple in Taipei i.e. Longshan (dragon moutain) which I have asked QuanYin on my relationship luck. (Note: Since I have asked about my career in a temple near Petaling Street 2 days ago, I decided to ask something else). Erm... to sum it all up, it says "Go with the Flow". But, which flow? *shrug*

I was lucky enough to coincide the travelling with some festival. There're road parades and some performance on the taoist god. Pretty interesting. Wish I can upload my pix. Maybe when I'm back next month. I also went to this herb lane which is really cool. Sooo many dried and fresh herbs around and the air smell of that too! There's also this street where you can find all kinds of kitchen equipment from peddling to restaurant to household usage. I want to come back here if I'm a proud house owner someday! :) Then, there is this street with ladies sitting around on scooters waiting for their prey. And shops that openly sells dildo/vibrator.

After 4 hours of walking nonstop and with my camera battery running out, I decided to head back to the lodge for a rest. Fell asleep... zzzz.... And woke up with a man on the top bunk (I'm sleeping on the lower bunk). He was reading on some map and so I decided to be friendly and initiated a conversation. Ben from Australia (Korean descendant). Nope... not good looking. : I am planning to go Shilin Night Market and asked if he wants to tag along. And so we went.

Frankly, I can't communicate with him. I can't understand what he is saying half the time! And the same for him. How frustrating. But he is such a gentlemen! He carried my backpack for me and wanted to pay for my food. (Of course I said no! It's not a date or something... ) The poor chap has to wait while I shop. I feel sorry for him actually. So I try my very best to control my shopping impulse and ended up with 2 dresses, 1 jacket, one skirt and one necklace ONLY! It's like Sungai Wang cheap here with more style and choices! Sheer test of will power! Joan, are you proud of me that I have done so well in controlling myself and with the minimal purchase? Should I go back there? I'm sooooooooooo tempted to unleash the tiger within and show the Taiwanese how a Malaysian can shop!

The food in Shilin Night Market is over rated. I don't enjoy it that much to be honest. Everything is sooo porky with chucks of pork lard.. YUKKKK... I had a very nice mua chi from the bakery though. It's superb coming from a person whom dislike it. Let's see I can buy some home.

PS: Ben will be going to YangMingSan tomorrow and asked if I want to go. What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. hahaha...i lol'ed on "no, not good looking". How do u know i wanted to ask that too? lol

    Noooooooooooooooo.....don't go back there. Think of the pile of clothes u still have at home. *control!!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I'm sure you will be a house owner soon enough :) Also do u need sooooooooooooooooooooooooo many dresses?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course I know my sister well! Btw, I'm not going to YangMingSan with him.

    Okie... not going back to the night market. Going to ANOTHER night market. Also, I'm running low on cash already! And the exchange rate in Taiwan is really bad. I'm loosing out 10% i.e. rather than getting NT979 for every RM1000, I will be getting NT830. SUCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you need more money? We can tt the money over to you somehow. I also have a friend who is in taiwan now. Maybe u can go get the money from her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. :| More mother than my mother... *shakehead* I have credit card and debit card you know.. :p

    ReplyDelete
  6. KAKA... just u can spend more and buy more things mah :) How much did you bring to spend anyways? Also credit card cannot pay at pasar malam one ok?

    ReplyDelete