Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 7: Hema's Wedding

I spent more than an hour tying saree! And it looks so bad. Really really bad. When I got to the wedding, I noticed that most girls / ladies have their saree on the other shoulder except for me. $h!+ I have the sudden impulse to head to the nearest ladies toilet and redo the saree. Another hour doesn't appeal to me though. So I decided to ask the girl next to me.

Me: Erm... does it mean anything to have the tail of the saree on the right instead of left? Does it mean like I'm gay or anything like how it works with the ear piercing with men?

Girl next to me: Erm.. No... it's just a different style.

Me: *relief!* Oh thank goodness! I thought I was doing something very wrong.

Mother of girl next to me: No no no... it's just that different ethnic has different style. Your style is similar to the Telegul.... *more talking which I wasn't really paying attention... there's a really cute indian girl with STUNNING pink saree!*


With MK, driver for the day.


The ceremony



MK, me, Kavitha and Ming Ee.

With the couple!

PS: Need to youtube before doing my saree next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment