Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Day 3: Shopping and Haggling

I’m tired… Shopping is really tiring! Bought one pair of prescriptive glasses @ Reliance Bangsar and a laptop bag @ Isetan KLCC.

After choosing the frames for 15 mins, I’m torn between a pink plastic Miu Miu which is in not one but two shades of my fav pink!!! (+50 points) but not so comfortable nor professional looking (-20 points) and a dark green titanium Marc Jacobs which is light and comfy (+40 points). Okay, maybe not so torn, I chose function within 2 mins. Hehe… practical ma…

Me: *in a soft tone* Hmmm.. ho yi peng di mou? (Canto - can it be cheaper?)
Chinese Sales Lady: *fierce* Ng tak!!!
Me: *pause… buying time* Ng ho yi peng di meh? (can’t it be cheaper?)
Chinese Sales Lady: Ng tak!!!
Me: Mmm… ok la. *defeated*

Damn! It’s not that I’m not good at haggling. Just ask TCL, she would gladly tell you the China Town story which she has told to all our common friends and even my childhood friends! K The problem is that I’m really good at haggling with Malay men only. Really!!! I can even get haggle in Isetan for my black Samsonite laptop bag!

Me: Bag ni ade discount?
Malay guy: Bag ni takde discount la.
Me: *super nice and soft tone… hehe* Mmm… Boleh bagi discount tak?
Malay guy: Mmm… Ok la… bagi 10% la.
Me: *thinking.. how easy is that!!??!?! Muahahhahah*
Feels good…

No comments:

Post a Comment